Message from Coach Matt (July 2nd)
Hello Piranha Families!
What an awesome weekend we had with a 517 to 261 win over Wheaton Woods at the A meet and 4th place at the Relay Carnival! I'm very impressed with how everyone swam this past weekend.
At Saturday's A meet, we had 82 best times! Congratulations to Kayleigh Bohs, Ella Devan, Jack Devan, Aiden Graves, Decklin Hughes, Sarah Kelly, Dylan Moore, Irene Navaleza, Julia Tomlinson, and Clare Van Hoven who all swam two or more events and dropped time in all of them! Also, Congratulations to AJ Navaleza who set a new team and pool record in the Boy's 15-18 100 meter breaststroke with a time of 1:08.66. Nice work AJ!
On Sunday, at the relay carnival, we took home 4th place. It was a very tough meet, but everyone swam their hardest! I am very happy with how the relays looked. We had 5 relays come in first place and make it to the All Star meet. Congratulations to the following relays:
- Mixed 15-18 200 Free: Nic Santorelli, Kayleigh Bohs, Julia Tomlinson and AJ Navaleza
- Mens Open 200 Medley: Nic Santorelli, AJ Navaleza, Lucas Farina, and Sean Douglas
- Girls 8-Under 100 Medley: London Simpson, Ella Celada, Carolina Klein, and Evelyn Connolly
- Mixed 15-18 200 Medley: Nic Santorelli, AJ Navaleza, Julia Tomlinson and Kayleigh Bohs
- Boys 18-Under 250M Freestyle Crescendo: Decklin Hughes, Andrew Klein, AJ Navaleza, Sean Douglas, and Khai Truong
This week's swimmer of the week is Clare Van Hoven. Clare swam in 2 events on Sunday and 4 events on Saturday. On Saturday, she dropped time in every single event that she swam. She dropped 2 seconds in free, almost 5 seconds in IM, 2 seconds in back, and 2 seconds in breast. Clare shows up to practice on time and works very hard. She is always looking to improve. Awesome job Clare!
This week we have an away B meet at Whetstone on Tuesday. On Wednesday, we will be having donuts after practice to celebrate the 4th of July. There will be no afternoon practice on Wednesday. On Friday, we have our second Frenzy and on Saturday we have a home A meet against Quail Valley. Another fun, busy week ahead of us!
See you all at practice!